“We just had Anthony Mclean up at camp to speak to all of our campers and then present to older units on specific themes. He was one of the best speakers we have ever had and each summer we host about four speakers! Anthony is magical in his way to be able to connect to all age groups in a fun and impactful manner. He received a spontaneous standing ovation! Kids learn so much from him but he doesn’t present to the kids, he actually engages them, allowing them to learn with him through music, poetry and dynamic communication skills. What is even more incredible is that his two sessions with our senior leaders and our CIT’s each presented different themes for their particular age group. He could have taken the easy way out and extend his same theme but he has so many different topics that he can speak about that he can offer so much to the entire camp. Next year I would love to see him also present to our staff!”
- Mark Diamond, Director, Camp Manitou
UPBEAT and ENTERTAINING
presentations that campers love!
Anthony has one presentation for campers
and another for camp leaders, counsellors, and LIT’s:
“BUILDING A POSITIVE CULTURE AT CAMP”
Every student plays a role in making their camp a safe and welcoming place. In this engaging and lively presentation, Anthony gives campers actionable strategies for building a POSITIVE CULTURE at camp.
- EMPOWERS BYSTANDERS with practical steps they can take when they see someone being bullied
- Helps campers understand the difference between BULLYING and CONFLICT
- Shows campers the damage that SOCIAL BULLYING (gossip, rumours and drama between campers) has on the whole camp culture
FOR CAMP LEADERS:
”CREATING A CAMP WHERE KIDS CAN THRIVE!”
Anthony inspires Leaders to make camp an unforgettable experience for kids. If every leader remembers back to the caring adult who made a difference in their own lives, they can become the leader that makes a difference in the lives of these campers!
- How to CONNECT with reserved kids and get them PLUGGED INTO camp life
- Helps leaders understand the difference between BULLYING and CONFLICT
- How to keep the joy of camp alive when you’re in the middle of black flies and bad food and cold showers and complaining kids ;-)